Happy anniversary to me!! 1 Year of Macro Tracking!!!
Last July Coach Damien and I went to a talk about Flexible Dieting and it has turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
I've spent the last 35 years or so in a pretty bad relationship with food. I've lost weight, gained weight, starved myself, gone on all out binges and had resigned myself to believing that I had to work out hard every day to keep myself at some kind of acceptable body weight.
Flexible Dieting has given me a new, healthy relationship with food - and a physique - that I wish I had found years ago.
Here are a few of the lessons I've learned over the last year:
- Be 100% consistent, not 100% perfect
- “Cheat” with 1 or 2 meals a week, not days
- You can't out-exercise poor diet choices
- Having an accountability partner is awesome
- There is not one solution for everyone...but we all need to eat a calorie deficit for successful weight loss
- Be honest with yourself, but be kind too
- You'll be surprised how much food you can eat if you balance your macros
- Don't be obsessed with the number on the scale
- A diet break is OK as long as you know when it's ending
- You can have your cake and eat it, as long as you track it
- There are no quick and easy solutions to sustained weight loss and maintaining training performance
If you're ready for a change contact me for a free 15 minute No Sweat nutritional consultation at the gym.
Check out the Nutritional Coaching we offer.
Look out for a new 28 Day Challenge in the Fall.
- Coach Louise